Post: 2017 Taipei Congress
Plenary 1 (Tuesday, November 7 – 9:30-10:30)
The new era of health industry driven by intelligent technology and big data
Speaker: San-Cheng Chang, President, Institute for Biotechnology and Medicine Industry
Today, the health and medical industry is facing similar issues like the shortage of labor force for aging care, the change of insurance payments toward pay-for performance, and the transformation of payer-based care management to population health management driven by providers. On the other side, new technology is being introduced at a faster pace and promotes greater patient power.
The most agile and forward-thinking health social community has the opportunity to revolutionize the way care is delivered. While facing such kind of challenges, technology has the potential to reshape the entire industry. Importantly, the integration of health and medical industry has become the global trend to fulfill the needs of care providers and the way patients are treated.
Recently, various innovative technologies such as artificial intelligence, internet of things (IoT), and big data has seen a soaring rise, showing promise in fostering broader and more dynamic modes of health and medical service.
In the past years, Taiwan has accomplished remarkable developments and achievements in the health care system, reflecting as the best examples of the integration between medical and information industries:
(1) Combined with the best elements of health care system to become the best medical system of the world.
(2) Medical system and service make Taiwan the most appropriate place to live.
(3) Taiwan medical miracles ranked 3rd in the world and 1st in Asia.
(4) The completeness of the national health insurance database.
(5) Fully computerized health information system in hospital.
(6) Full ranges of accumulated big data.
The top 7 global smart health city.
Furthermore, the developments and innovations of Taiwan’s ICT including IoT, smart city, social communities’ activities and robotics, in parallel with other innovative technologies will lead Taiwan into a new era of health industry.
The ambitions of Taiwan for the global development of health and medical information technology include:
(1) To drive the health care administration to connect to software and hardware based on Taiwan’s medical infrastructure.
(2) To drive intelligent medical and smart health through Big Data.
(3) To drive the health IoM (internet of me) through wearable IoT (internet of things)
The New Era of Health Industry driven by Intelligent Technology and Big Data (pdf 7.83MB)