About the Private Hospitals Association – Jordan
International Hospital Federation - IHF
| 21 days ago
30th September 2020
The Private Hospitals Association mission is to contribute to improving the health of the community and individuals through supporting members to provide safe healthcare services that are globally accredited. The main objectives that PHA is focused on are the following;
- Enhance the quality and safety of hospitals’ services provided to patients.
- Improve the financial efficiency of member hospitals.
- Improve the services provided by the association to the members through improving the financial resources and by increasing the number of staff.
- Contribute in the preparation of regulations and policies to be more adequate to the needs of the PHA Members.
- Increase the hospitals’ and medical centers’ capabilities to become competitive internationally.
- Improve the role of the PHA and its members in serving the community.
In 2014 Jordan represented by the association won the Best Medical Tourism Destination Award, which was awarded by the International Medical Travel Journal. The award is granted to the medical tourism destination with unparalleled quantities of medical services to patients from outside Jordan.
Dr. Al-Hammouri was the president of the Global Healthcare Travel Council (GHTC) from 2015 until 2017, during his presidency he shared with them Jordan’s success story in becoming a medical tourism destination. He is one of the founding members and he is now the honorary president of GHTC. The Global Healthcare Travel Council consists of 42 member countries that are all health travel destinations.
During his presidency term, in the Global Healthcare Travel Forum, Dr. Al-Hammouri announced Amman Declaration which aims to expand healthcare travel globally in 8 segments which are; medical tourism, dental tourism, spa tourism, wellness tourism, culinary tourism, sports tourism, assisted residential tourism and accessible tourism. Read More