Bulletin: Luxembourg's Health Policy
Luxembourg's Health Policy
7th October 2019
Luxembourg's health policy is articulated around the core values of universality, care of quality, fairness and solidarity. The focus will put into in favor of a healthcare system emphasized in medical progress and innovation able to adapt itself to the needs and challenges of society. Patient needs shall be appertained to the center of health policy. Therefore, all essential information will be at patients disposal in order to take part as a full actor in the healthcare system.
The health policy of the government will:
IHF Bulletin - Luxembourg (pdf 768.96kB)
- guarantee the quality of care according to a systematic quality approach;
- ensure equal access to care;
- contribute to the prevention of diseases;
- provide priority to primary care;
- empower patients and providers;
- adapt the national healthcare system to the demographic evolution of the population.