The International Hospital Federation acknowledges three categories of membership:
- Full Membership is open to any association or organizational body deemed representative of the healthcare organizations, in particular but not exclusively hospitals, in a country, a polity or a circumscribed region of the world.
Associate Membership is open to healthcare organizations, in particular but not exclusively hospitals, and other institutions having a distinct relationship with the provision of healthcare, who are not eligible for Full Membership. Associate Membership is also open to associations or bodies deemed representative of healthcare organizations that are not eligible or otherwise unable to become Full Members.
There are different categories of Associate Member and benefits are provided accordingly. The membership for a group is open to an organization which owns different facilities located in different towns/regions. In a group registration, each individual facility will be registered and receive information from IHF secretariat as any member. In addition, the head quarter of the group will benefit of similar advantages. The premier associate membership, offering part of Full members’ benefits, is open to those healthcare hospitals and organizations wanting to play a more active role in IHF. A supporting membership is open to for those willing to bring a more active contribution in supporting IHF goals and mission.
- Honorary Membership for life is awarded to persons or organizations who have rendered exceptional services to the IHF or distinguished themselves in the fields relating to the mission of the IHF.
Through our membership and communications activities we seek to act as a bridge between members in order to facilitate and support cross-fertilization of knowledge and experience in management and leadership of health organizations. Through these activities, we also support the creation of new national hospital associations. Establishing strong and permanent communication between the IHF Secretariat and members represents a major priority.
By joining IHF, members benefit from:
- An international representation of your organization in the hospital sector, which is effective in international dialogue.
- Entitlement to receive, free of charge, our official publications and newsletter, which updates you and your affiliates on hospital-related news.
- Access to the on-line IHF library containing IHF’s publications and reports
- Entitlement to reduced fees on all IHF scientific and educational events, access to and use of our extensive knowledge and network of contacts in the health care field in the pursuance of professional interests. Entitlement to reduced fees on scientific events for your affiliates
- An opportunity to share experiences and best practices on a set of health topics, and your own information through the newsletter
- An opportunity to work closely with other institutions on specific projects, like twinning programs, cooperation activities, etc.
- Access to a neutral platform for strategic dialogue on health care delivery with the corporate sector
- Access to data on hospital sectors, country profiles, associations profiles, etc.
- Assistance in organization of international hospital visits and event coordination
- Working desk and meeting room facilities near Geneva and the WHO
- First hand information on programs lead by major international organization (WHO, World Bank, OECD…)
IHF members can fully participate in:
- Contributing to better health for all people around the world through the advancement of appropriate and properly managed healthcare organizations and facilities.
- Contributing to enhance the performance of health care organizations by supporting initiatives to improve their responsiveness, efficiency, effectiveness, equitable access and quality of care.
- Contributing to the development of effective healthcare management.
- Bringing your expertise to a platform for free exchange of ideas, expertise and information among the global community of healthcare organizations and management professionals.
- Supporting activities leading to a better recognition of the role and functions of health care organizations in general, and hospitals in particular.
- Taking positions on global issues affecting health care facilities operations, practices and policies.
Given the international aspect of the organization, IHF always welcomes new members.
Click on the link below to download a membership form:
If you require further information, please contact the Membership Manager at the IHF Secretariat or send an email to membership[SPAMFILTER]ihf-fih.org